How to Fundraise
When you registered for Walk With Me, you automatically received your own fundraising website. These online fundraising tools and social media will help you spread the word and maximize your fundraising impact.
Get Started Today:
7 Ways to Boost your Walk With Me Bucks:
- Set a personal fundraising goal today! (We suggest at least $250 - that will provide two hours of therapy to help a child walk, and you will get a fundraising prize)
- Make the first gift yourself to show your commitment.
- Use your computer. Take advantage of your Fundraising Center by personalizing your Walk With Me page; then, ask your friends and family to support your efforts by using the email templates provided in your user portal.
- Send a personalized letter to your friends, family, colleagues and businesses you frequent (Write everyone!) asking them to support your fundraising efforts so you can help make an impact on thousands of families living with disabilities in the Greater Houston area.
- Raise money at your workplace. Don't be shy about asking your company to sponsor. When people see your co-workers, managers and executives supporting your efforts, they will want to pitch in. If you work in an office and have access to your company's email, voicemail or computer bulletin boards, use these methods of communication to spread the word about Walk With Me.
- Recruit your friends, family and other sponsors. Ask each person that has donated or joined your Walk With Me team to recruit at least one other person to walk and make a donation to help reach your fundraising goal.
- Find out whether your company has a matching gifts program to double the impact of your gift.
Company and Organization Recruitment Ideas
Double The Impact Of Your Gift
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees, which doubles the impact of your gift! Just obtain your company's matching gift application (from your personnel or community relations office), fill it out, and turn it in to us with your donation. See if your company participates in a matching gift program:
Get The Word Out